Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's the High Places Coming Down

I have an impression that the High Places are being torn down. Before any period of blessing as you read the Word, there was a time when the High Places had to be destroyed. High places were places that may have started out OK but in the end became idols. Works of the flesh. False Religion. Many great men of God tore down the high places. Gideon did. Josiah did. Hezekiah did. Jehoshaphat did. Yet reading the word...I see not man, but GOD tearing down these places that attempt to take the place of God in our lives. Money. Government. Religions. Power. Sex. and a hundred others who would by the motivation of the enemy try to supplant God. When I look around the world today, even reading the news, watching it on TV, I see high places being torn down.

When Father said, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", there was no exception clause in it.

God is tearing down the high places. If you don't want things torn down and destroyed, don't erect them in the first place. That is the word of the Lord.
Leviticus 26:30 I will destroy your pagan shrines and knock down your high places of worship. I will leave your lifeless corpses piled on top of your lifeless idols, and I will despise you.



Micah 1:3 For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth.

Ezekiel 6:3 -- This is what the Sovereign LORD says to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys: I am about to bring a sword against you, and I will destroy your high places. 4 Your altars will be demolished and your incense altars will be smashed; and I will slay your people in front of your idols. 5 I will lay the dead bodies of the Israelites in front of their idols, and I will scatter your bones around your altars. 6 Wherever you live, the towns will be laid waste and the high places demolished, so that your altars will be laid waste and devastated, your idols smashed and ruined, your incense altars broken down, and what you have made wiped out. 7 Your people will fall slain among you, and you will know that I am the LORD.


What we see as difficulty, pain, suffering and disaster is many times just the high places coming down. All change is first perceived as loss. This is that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very much immpressed with your blog. please kindly add my newly created blog, which is as below:
http://kantipur-sam.blogspot.com/