Sunday, May 1, 2011

Inversion of a Great Passage

Sometimes by inverting the Truth of the Gospel, we discover truth we hadn't seen before.

Today in Church that revelation hit.

Philippians 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
The inversion of that is also true:

If I have already obtained at MY goal, I will back off to release that which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and Sisters, if I consider myself fully in control of what I am to perceive, then I will remember the cost of what it took to get here and will not make any attempt to move ahead. I will miss what God has called me to.

In other words, whatever I do that doesn't include furthering HIS KINGDOM in my life, will take me further from HIM and his PURPOSE for ME. Going either toward him or away. There is no middle ground.

A valuable truth. When God speaks, that is prophecy. He spoke.

No comments: