Saturday, May 14, 2011

Changes of Seasons

The last few days have been a knee jerk, wrenching of the spirit for me.

This catastrophe. That challenge. This project. That not done. These misdirected. Then CHANGE....again.

These things have caused me to try to cope. To try to adjust. To try to adapt. I haven't done well.

I'm NOT complaining. It's how I live. YET, there are times when in all the battle my ability to keep my eyes on the end goal is lost for a moment.

In all this, I heard the Lord say:

You are not alone in the upheaval, disappointment and challenges. My people find the changes you experience to be as disrupting as you have felt them. Just about the time people have settled into a warm weather pattern, cold and wind comes. Just about the time a project or a "Job" seems to be a source it's ripped away. Just about the time a relationship you thought was sustaining it ends.

These things are all torments of the world and it's way. It is pressure instituted to press you into a mold....to conform you...to cause you to be what you didn't start out to become. I never intended you to look like the world.

You will have these troubles. These trouble are not to have you. Fix your eyes on the finisher of your faith. Keep your mind set on things above. The barns you build bigger will fall and fail. It's only by MY WORD that you can become what I created you to be. Holy...set apart...above and not below, head and not tail.

I provide, I care for you. When you fully grasp this you will walk in victory beyond your understanding. It is my plan for you.

You are in exile from where I will bring you. You are a stranger in a strange land. You must take your place, build houses, do business, make a life in exile for now...but your place is seated with me....

You can make it...as you trust in ME.


I need to hear the word of the Lord for me. I hope it helps you too. God is GOOD!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Amen! This is a good word from the Lord.

Unknown said...

I remind myself of these scriptures:
Jer 29:11 For I know the purposes which I am purposing for you, says Jehovah; purposes of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psa 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not lack.
Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Stephen said...

"Just about the time people have settled into a warm weather pattern, cold and wind comes. Just about the time a project or a "Job" seems to be a source it's ripped away. Just about the time a relationship you thought was sustaining it ends."

This reminds me of Proverbs 13:12 which says that hope deferred makes the heart sick. I've noticed that when we lose hope, or our hearts' longings are constantly met with frustration, we are more willing to take whatever comes down the pike, even if it's something we don't particularly want. Good word, Gene.