In the past few years thanks to Prophet Bruce Foster's encouragement and Pastor Butch Deer's good teaching I have been slowly rethinking the end times. I am more and more rejecting much of what is envisioned in the Left Behind books. I know many good Pentecostal ministers who are embracing this view of the end times. Some of whom are friends on Facebook with me. They won't respond to this note. They should not. It will cause trouble. It's not a popular position. But much of what you and I have been taught in the last fifty years just isn't so. To be clear, past is prologue. The things that happened as described in the Book of Revelation, will happen again... Just be careful that our eschatology will meet these requirements:
- We must not allow eschatology that re-empowers a disempowered devil.
- We must not accept a view that sabotages Jesus command to make disciples OF all nations. The great commission is too often turned into making some disciples IN all nations.
- We must avoid an eschatology that pushes all the good stuff in the scriptures into the
- millennium and bringing the nasty stuff into the present.
- We must not accept ideas that change the nature of a good God.
- We must not accept a mindset that celebrates bad news.
This is a difficult thing to put behind ourselves the beliefs of decades. But, we must...It's put us in bondage.