Friday, April 2, 2010

It's not what you do, it's who you are that counts

This is not Greasy Grace. This is the truth about our redemption and security in Jesus. I have sons. They have been good boys. Sometimes they have disappointed me. Sometimes I have found myself frustrated.

BUT, they were still my sons and that didn't and couldn't change. They were and always would be my boys. I called them by name. I have stood with them.

How much more, our heavenly father who knows us better than I know even my sons. He will stick with us thru thick and thin. There is nothing I can do other than turning my back on him and walking away by denying him as my father that can cause me any separation at all.

My sin? My anger? My frustration? My addictions? All cause me to lose connection with him..BUT all are meaningless to a father who said "I will never leave or forsake you".

I think we worry too much about what we do....and less on who we are .....In Christ.

The only place to be.

No comments: