Friday, August 19, 2016

The Highest Identity

There are a lot of things I can be identified as:
  • German 
  • Bison Fan
  • Conservative
  • Nurseryman
  • American
  • Businessman
  • Christian
  • Prophet

They all carry some weight with me.  But they are simply things that help frame who I am.  They are ways someone who knows me might use to describe me.  That would offer some understanding that might try to pigeonhole me or perhaps make assumptions about me that may be right or wrong.

I don't identify by race.  Human is as close as I come.  Yet many people are pigeonholed by race identity.  Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Indian or some other.  Of all things that are ways to understand ourselves and others, racial assumptions are the weakest.  Yet it is the one the enemy uses most of all to capture us in ways that God never intended.

There is ONE identity that supersedes all others.  It trumps anything anyone can say about me.. and if others try to identify you incorrectly, it supersedes that.  This is the Highest Identity I have.

I am a Child of God.  I am a Son of God.  I am seated in Heavenly places.  I am loved by God. I am His Friend. I am made Clean by the Blood of Jesus.  I am never alone.  I am blessed of God.  I am a citizen of the Nation of God.  I became one when I turned from my lost life and was Born Again. 

Those things define my true Identity. All other things you might describe me as PALE in comparison. 

And so for you. 




No comments: