Wednesday, October 29, 2014

When Everything Presses in ... HE is the Pressure Relief Valve

I write this out of my own life.  I am under a LOT of pressure.  Not evil pressure.  Pressure to get things done. QUICK.  They are taking a great deal of time and energy and I see it in my decisions about what is first.. and second.

When I have reached the end of my capacity to deal with all the demands on my life.. I have to retreat to a place where TIME and PRESSURE have no influence.  Eternal things.  Not Temporal.

That is where HE lives and where I am a citizen.  Not here in the demanding. 

I know that positionally speaking I live in an eternal state.  I already have eternal life.  What I don't have is the capacity to merge time and eternity.  Father can.. 

When I come into that place with Him.. I find peace.  I find rest.

What David said becomes my cry:

I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest--  I would flee far away and stay in the desert;  Psalm 55:6-7

The pressure relief valve of life is hidden in HIM

No comments: