Saturday, January 2, 2016

We are Blessed by our Works.. OR?

I have been thinking a lot about the truth of the word regarding work and provision, blessing, getting wealth, storing up and all around taking care of one's loved ones.

There is much in the word of God about such things. 

I wonder if we fail to understand how God provides for us.. (by the way this might be just for me, so let me ramble).

  • He gives me air to breathe so I stay alive.
  • He allows my heart to beat.
  • He gives me strength in my hands.
  • He gives me a sound mind.
  • He allows me to learn and retain things.
  • He gives me favor with people
  • He opens doors when I didn't even know they were there
  • He surrounds me with people who believe in me.
  • He offers me wisdom when I need it
  • He provides insight and revelation even in business and life
  • He allows me mobility so my legs and feet work
  • He keeps my eye from dimming or hearing from going dark.

In fact everything I have or ever have had has come because of his grace, mercy and provision.

Yes I know that the unrighteous get the same shot.. but they don't know where it come from.. they think they did it.

I don't want to be among the unrighteous who eventually fall.  Here's what the Father says:

Drawn From Deuteronomy Chapter 8  NLT
Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. For all these forty years your clothes didn’t wear out, and your feet didn’t blister or swell. Think about it: Just as a parent disciplines a child, the Lord your God disciplines you for your own good.

 God is bringing you into a good land of flowing streams and pools of water, with fountains and springs that gush out in the valleys and hills. It is a land of wheat and barley; of grapevines, fig trees, and pomegranates; of olive oil and honey. It is a land where food is plentiful and nothing is lacking. It is a land where iron is as common as stone, and copper is abundant in the hills. 10 When you have eaten your fill, be sure to praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you.

 He led you through the great and terrifying wilderness with its poisonous snakes and scorpions, where it was so hot and dry. He gave you water from the rock! 16 He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good. 17 He did all this so you would never say to yourself, ‘I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.’ 18 Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.

Here's the end of the Unrighteous:

If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods, worshiping and bowing down to them, you will certainly be destroyed. 20 Just as the Lord has destroyed other nations in your path, you also will be destroyed if you refuse to obey the Lord your God.

We must remember and acknowledge that God our Father gave us the ability to get wealth.

 

No comments: