Sunday, January 24, 2016

IF you were given power to be His witness, if you aren't you don't have it

I know this seems harsh.  It's not supposed to be. It is an encouragement to enter in to the fullness of the Power of God for sharing the truth of the Gospel.

I have taken all kinds of "Courses" on evangelism.   I realized that I already knew how to do it.. I just didn't want to make a mistake.   The reality is I was hoping to accumulate a few spiritual scalps to hang on my sword (Bible).  Selfishness.

Now years later I no longer try.  It just happens.  BOOM.  IF an unbeliever is around for very long he is going to hear about Jesus, he is going to see Him.  I don't even try any more.  It just happens.

That's as it should be.  The fullness of the Spirit of God has given me all the witness power I ever need.  That is enough.  All I have to do is be myself and let HIM flow thru me.

I don't think we are short of people who want to witness, we need people who are full of HIM in Spirit and Truth and let it pour out.  IF it doesn't you really can't be a real witness.  At least not as he promised..

 Acts 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere--in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow, my pastor spoke of this very thing in worship yesterday and I get it! Whenever I witness for God I know that it is the holy spirit that guides me and allows me to shine with the light of Jesus. I just hope that I have been able to do it right and some lives have been turned due to my witness for the Lord.