As I gazed out on a covered landscape of snow I got an impressing from the Lord. That's what prophets do, they see Jesus in everything.
The passage from Numbers 18:21 came to mine: "truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD".
I thought about how the Glory and a blizzard are very much alike.
- When they fall, things that looked dirty and without life suddenly are anointed with freshness.
- If things are exposed, they will change, turn white and look better.
- The wind moves blows where it will and some things that were not out in the open are suddenly affected.
- As long as conditions are right, the snow and glory will remain.
- The result of the snow and glory are to promote growth.
- There is protection in the snow and in the glory for small things that are vulnerable in the open.
- The glory and the blizzard will cause you to set aside time to consider things.
I don't mean this to be super profound, I hunger for the Glory of God.. no matter the cost. Probably not for a blizzard. Yet for a person who is NOT ready, not open, not willing to cooperate a blizzard and the Glory are seen as impositions.
IF you haven't read 2 Samuel 22 for a while, in the NLT there is this powerful passage as he David gave thanks for his rescue from Saul:
“Then the earth quaked and trembled.
The foundations of the heavens shook;
they quaked because of his anger.
9 Smoke poured from his nostrils;
fierce flames leaped from his mouth.
Glowing coals blazed forth from him.
10 He opened the heavens and came down;
dark storm clouds were beneath his feet.
11 Mounted on a mighty angelic being,[b] he flew,
soaring[c] on the wings of the wind.
12 He shrouded himself in darkness,
veiling his approach with dense rain clouds.
13 A great brightness shone around him,
and burning coals[d] blazed forth.
14 The Lord thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.
15 He shot arrows and scattered his enemies;
his lightning flashed, and they were confused.
16 Then at the command of the Lord,
at the blast of his breath,
the bottom of the sea could be seen,
and the foundations of the earth were laid bare.
After a mighty storm or a huge wave of God's Glory.. it's just like David Describes. If you don't fall down.. you missed it.
Lord Let Your Glory Fall!!