Friday, February 20, 2015

A Pill is not Bitter till you Swallow it - Truth is the Same

People think they want the truth.  In fact they will protest they want the truth. And as long as they just swish it around, not letting it sink in, it's OK. Sometimes it is even sweet to the taste.. UNTIL you must accept it, must change according to it, and begin to live life differently.

Then it becomes bitter.  This is true of people's world view. This is true of misconceptions.  This is true of cultural beliefs.  It's true of all things.  Entertaining something is fun (sweet), but when you are forced to internalize it can be a bitter taste, it's upsetting, it can be difficult.

Cognitive dissonance to a long held bias you confirm by all you see around you.  I am watching this happen in certain circles right now.  The scream and holler about injustice is not backed up by action to distance self from the unjust circumstance.

In that this passage is proven out once again:

 Revelation 10:8-11 Then the voice from heaven spoke to me again: “Go and take the open scroll from the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.”
9So I went to the angel and told him to give me the small scroll. “Yes, take it and eat it,” he said. “It will be sweet as honey in your mouth, but it will turn sour in your stomach!” 10So I took the small scroll from the hand of the angel, and I ate it! It was sweet in my mouth, but when I swallowed it, it turned sour in my stomach.
11Then I was told, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages, and kings.”
 Truth can be a bitter pill once it is in the stomach.  It will require you to change your mindset.  To break out of a comfort zone matrix that you have lived in a long time.  It can be painful.

It can be a "Bitter Pill to Swallow"

No comments: