Deception is not harmless. It kills vision, dreams, hope and it kills people..
Psalm 24:3-5 Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Note the context of the passage above. We spend a lot of time talking about clean hands and a pure heart... but what about the rest of the passage? He does not lift his soul up to what is false.
Our soul is our emotions, mind and will. When we lift our soul to falsehood, lies, deception we no longer are able to ascend his Holy Hill. The difficulty comes when we are deceived we pass on our deception.
Guarding our hearts carefully is the key. It's critical to not allow ourselves to buy into lies.
Knowing the difference requires supernatural discernment. The gift however is operated by a washing of the spirit of God thru His word. There must become a screen of His word thru which all things must pass. When something doesn't line up.. it must be suspect.
But what of those things that LOOK like goodness... but are full of lies. We then fail to discern because we will swear those things are right.
Right now our world is filled with deception. There are lies and twisted truth everywhere. Good men and women of God, people who believe the word are being led to spiritual slaughter by deception. Oh, they probably will make it to heaven, but they no longer have the capacity to ascend the Hill.
Look at what many Christians now accept as OK. Not perfect. Just not horrid. They have sworn an oath to evil that has come wrapped up as good.
- Abortion on demand. No longer considered murder by many Christians.
- Homosexual acceptance as an alternate lifestyle is being loving and compassionate.
- The desecration of marriage even to the level of Homosexual Marriage in the Church
- Drug use now embraced. Did you ever think you would see Marijuana legal in our nation?
- Invitation to invade under the guise of tolerance while enemies of Christ are manifested as Islam
- Support for Islamic causes when in fact the antichrist spirit is alive in that theology
- Using government to provide for people when it was never the government's duty - that was left to us. Our failure to discern has caused aberration here.
- Using the guise of religion to enrich ministries in the name of "Spreading the Gospel"
The last one is most grievous. It is taking the name of the Lord in Vain. It is manipulation. These are all deceptions.. but they are all dangerous.
What is most deceitful are people who cannot discern evil and yet occupy a pulpit or platform on Sunday mornings. The hill is never ascended no matter the hype. It is a sad state and in the end will destroy them. Deception isn't just deceptive, it's dangerous. It can kill people and does.