Thursday, July 30, 2009

A wonderful story of God's Grace from Nancy Minor

I got this by Email from Nancy Minor. It's on her blog. You have to read the whole thing. It encouraged me as it will you. The text is below.




BEFORE YOU CALL, I WILL ANSWER YOU


Had a neat thing happen tonight. Before I tell you that , I will give you some background info:

I graduated in 1992 from VIBTC (Victory International Bible Training Center.) It is an international school, but our graduating classes here stateside have been small groups at a time. We have a tie that binds and so it is like old home week whenever we meet again. I have been waiting to hear about a reunion that was being scheduled. I finally JUST learned last night through a friend that it is in about 10 days! Talk about scrambling to make the reservation list!

I told the Lord, I'd really like to go Daddy,BUT I don't know where the funds for this are going to come from... it is not really in the budget- what with the wedding coming up and all...

Tonight I stopped by to drop some papers off at another friend's place, who also graduated several years before me. They invited me to come in and chat and even fed me dinner. We started talking about the upcoming luncheon and seeing everyone and they wanted to know if I was going. I said I wasn't sure because I'd just found out about it and had to check the budget... and we moved on in conversation. Then the spouse came into the room after finishing a phone call in another room and asked me if we were going, Tom and I. I said I didn't think Tom was and the next words were- "well, we wanted to bless you and pay your way, please find out if he can or wants to go!"

Later this evening I was praying for my spiritual son Olu who has a strong burden for missionary work and has just planted a church in Benin Republic, Africa... As I was praying for him and the horizons and borders, Daddy began to speak to ME! It was for me, but it is for YOU too as well as my son:

"It is my Good Pleasure to bless you and give you your heart's desire! Remember the Bride doll?"

( When I was 8 years old we were visiting my Mom's family in Oregon. We went shopping- Christmas was around the corner. They took me to some store that was HUGE! I was dumbfounded by this place, I'd never seen a store this big with shelves up to the ceiling! In the toy aisles I found a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Bride doll with veil dressed in White Satin. I fell in love with that doll! I drug my parents to see it several times, while in the store. I did not ask for it, I just drank in how beautiful it was. I never thought it could possibly be mine, though I wished it were! Christmas morning I awoke and came out to find the doll sitting on top of the TV! I thought I was dreaming and went and got back into bed and back out again and it was still there! I still have that doll to this day!) (See photo at top!)

"While you swooned over that doll and wished, your father and mother secretly planned to surprise you with it. Just as they gave you a gift, so I want to give to you! I put that thought into their hearts daughter because I your Heavenly Father love you and wanted you to have a reference of HOW I LONG TO SURPRISE you with blessings! Your joy and delight and gratitude over the smallest of things pleases Me and opens the door to give you more. Your childlike joy and trust to come to Me with your heart and requests causes Me to bend closer to listen to you intently,even as you would a small child. Never forget you are my child, even though you are grown and doing exploits in the Kingdom, you are still My Child! And I delight in taking care of you and having time WITH you."

Selah! Love from HIS heart and mine too...
Nancy

Isaiah 65:24 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

No comments: