Thursday, May 5, 2016

Of Prophetic Dreams

As a prophet I don't engage in much dream interpretation for people.  I know there are many who do and I'll leave that to them.

Dreams are for me a revelation of the state of my emotions, desires, fears and things that torment.  Not all bad, not always good.  Some are wonderful, some are scary.

Dreams are not manufactured, they happen. Sometimes out of the tenor of the day.

It would be wrong to ignore dreams, I have been warned in dreams.  I have found some dreams to cause me to rethink.  Some are images of a hope.

While I don't interpret as Joseph did, or Daniel,  I do honor and hear them.  Sometimes the Lord does give me insight into a meaning, But not often.  I don't believe every dream has meaning, but some do. Remember, the mind is a battlefield and when we are asleep we can be vulnerable.  The enemy also whispers in our ears as we sleep sometimes. 

The Word of God has things to say about dreams, dreamers and prophecy.  It is a balanced message.. One we need to heed:

 Zechariah 10:2
For the household gods utter nonsense, and the diviners see lies; they tell false dreams and give empty consolation. Therefore the people wander like sheep; they are afflicted for lack of a shepherd.

Genesis 46:2
And God spoke to Israel in visions of the night and said, “Jacob, Jacob.” And he said, “Here am I.”

Joel 2:28
“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.

Numbers 12:6
And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream.

Ecclesiastes 5:7
For when dreams increase and words grow many, there is vanity; but God is the one you must fear.

Amos 3:7
“For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.


The Lord can use dreams, and does. It's a part of His plan.. but they are not to be superior to the Word of God... and they need to be carefully considered.  Not all dreams are prophetic, some are... some are just last night's pizza.

No comments: