Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Our Optimistic Father

Last Sunday I was struck by the power of Optimism.  I can be pessimistic and critical. I need no practice in that.  Yet as I considered the word of God and the revelation of the Father in Jesus I see the power Optimism has.

A few thoughts from the word:
  • While we were yet sinners He died for us, that takes some vision and optimism.
  • Love never gives up, hopes all things, never loses faith, endures all things
  • Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
  • I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..
  • His going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth."

In fact as I pondered the word of God in this regard I began to see a stream of truth, God is very high on YOU.  Your problem isn't God.  He offers hope, a good future and an expected end.  Even if you read the Old Testament there appears to be harsh judgement things, but there is always an optimistic result.  Victories won, people restored, blessings commanded.

The world sees the things of God as mean and condemning.   Yet, as I get to know Him more and more I see him as Father of LIGHT!! 

He spoke to me today, maybe to you thru this as well:

"My son you have many things that drag you down, many concerns, many discouragements, YET I have not changed, I won't fail you, I won't ever leave or forsake you.  You are always on my mind.  The days ARE evil but in ME you find redemption of them.  Your days will manifest better and better as you draw closer to me.  I will bring you HOPE and JOY.  Your countenance will brighten.  You will look better.  There is no darkness in me at all.. only light, truth, joy, peace and optimism.  Find it and keep it.  Your future is so bright that even sunglasses can't shade it."

No comments: