Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I shall not be shaken

I have been hearing about how things are all new, all fresh, all shaken up.  How a storm of God is on the earth (in a good way).

Some things will be shaken that the world will not understand.  Some other things will not be.  The question is what about me.. you... our friends and family.  Will they be shaken?  What will shake them.

It is a hard question.  IF you find yourself between two opinions and the world starts to move under you, shaking will happen.  If you are firmly planted on the rock, you might know the world is shaking, but you won't be shaken.

So what of those who are shaken up at every turn, every event, every moon, every star sign, every war, every rumor of war, every technology change, every supposed sign of the end.  People can and do live in fear of these things.  They comport their lives to them. They are shaken.  Look at all the blood moon foolishness of a couple months ago.  Where did that go?

Now we are moving into a new season.  The holidays are here.  Things will drift back into a normality.. UNTIL some other event comes that shakes everybody.

The word of God is pretty clear on this. It should not be our portion to be shaken by everything.  Not by every wind of doctrine.  Not by events.  Not by signs in the sky or in the stars.  When we find ourselves submitted to these fears and shakings we demonstrate that we are doubleminded. On one hand we say we Love and Trust the Father..except for the shaking around us.  When God says "I will shake everything that can be shaken" he doesnt' mean you.

Psalm 16:7-11(amplified) says:

I will bless the Lord who has counseled me;
Indeed, my heart (mind) instructs me in the night.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my glory [my innermost self] rejoices;
My body too will dwell [confidently] in safety,
For You will not abandon me to Sheol (the nether world, the place of the dead),
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay. 
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
Here's what I hear the Lord Saying:
"As you keep your eyes on me, as you focus on who I am and not your circumstance, I will be strong for you.. your right hand of power to overcome all the world and it's tribulation.  Even when things look black, dark and discouraging, I am light.  I alone can bring you out and thru.  Don't look to the left or the right, don't fear the fowler for I have freed you from his hand, stay on the path of light and keep you mind stayed on ME.  As you do, the world make shake rattle and roll but you will not be moved.  Get back up on the rock..it is higher than you are and stand strong and steady.  The shaking is not for you.  You will not be shaken".

No comments: