Friday, April 10, 2015

Resting In HIM Sometimes Means SLEEP

A prophetic truth is to rest.. there is a spiritual rest spoken of in Hebrews 4

Hebrews 4:9 There is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. 10 For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labors, just as God did after creating the world. 11 So let us do our best to enter that rest. But if we disobey God, as the people of Israel did, we will fall.
 There is much there.  It's true.  But one of the ways that God gives us his special rest is when we REST.  Sleep.  You hear about someone "sleeping on it". You know that your brain during sound sleep rewires itself to become able to sort things out.  There is a "New Every Morning Mercy" that comes when you greet a new day with yesterday's cares.  Sometimes in the edge of the morning when you are half asleep and half awake you will hear clearly the Voice of God reassuring you, helping you, convincing you.  It's what he does.

After all the Word says that he does battle for you while you sleep. Working things out.

 Psalms 127:2   It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.

  Jeremiah 31:26  At this I awoke and looked, and my sleep was pleasant to me.

 Proverbs 3:21-24 My son, let them not vanish from your sight; Keep sound wisdom and discretion, So they will be life to your soul And adornment to your neck. Then you will walk in your way securely And your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

The danger to a believer is to make decisions or take actions deep in the night.  Somehow there seems to be much evil afoot after 11PM.   I see so many who get into trouble, are shot, robbed, injured and killed at 3AM.   Did you ever wonder why Midnight is called the Witching Hour?

 1 Thessalonians 5:7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night.
 

Many failures I have had were because of impulsive things I have done late at night, or when very tired, exasperated, exhausted, tempted and sometimes angered.

This morning the Lord said to me, "Don't allow the pressures of the day when I am not at the front of your mind allow you to drift from my will for you".  

It was a reassurance that His will towards me is only good.  That I can depend on him.  That I can Rest in Him. 

It's not the most profound prophetic truth.. but it is truth and it is what the Lord told ME this morning.  Maybe it's also for you.






Jeremiah 31:26
At this I awoke and looked, and my sleep was pleasant to me.
- See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Sleep,-Physical#sthash.6pSCFYi9.dpuf

No comments: