Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Proving Prayer Works.. can we?

I was thinking about and distressed by the advance of evil in Isis and the executions of our brothers and sisters in Christ.  There are too many videos already. 

I was feeling helpless.  Sure I can pray.. but I'm one man, one praying man, but I'm just me.  I know there are others.  I understand.  But then I think of episodes in the Book of Acts where people prayed in agreement and things happened.

  • Doorposts were shaken by corporate prayer
  • Peter's miraculous release from Jail by an Angel of the Lord
  • Paul and Silas in Prison and the doors fly open

There were other episodes but those three stand out.

What if we were to all at one time cry out in unison in corporate prayer for God to bring justice to those about to be martyred?  I'm not talking about calling down fire.  I'm talking about somehow joining in agreement touching this situation.

I'm not calling a meeting.  I'm not trying to start something.  I'm just wondering, do we still believe prayer works, that it moves the hand of God, that God can and will do something in the innocents behalf if we stand in the gap for them.

Nothing prophetic about this..... but I wonder.   Can we prove prayer works?  I think so.


No comments: