Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Not Doubt, Revelation of True

What if so much of what you accept and even believe just isn't true? How have you done a test of everything you hear and say to know if it is in fact true and real? Over the last 20 years of Being a Christian I have proved many things that I once believed to be not horrid lies, just not true. I won't list them. This much is certain, we must know our core beliefs and let them be our core. Then with a careful examination of all the appendages that attach themselves to those beliefs, strip away things that are non essential areas of argument.

I remember the big discussions in the late 70s and 80s of Pre Trib, Mid Trib, Post Trib, No Trib, millennial reign or not and a dozen other permutations of all that. We have descended into a vortex that makes the core issues of the Gospel of Jesus cloudy to the world. I am not convinced anyone has all the truth in these areas. I know my view on all this is changing and will continue to change.

I have two principles in these pursuits. Go with the Gospel of Peace. Go for greater light. Go where the manifestation of the Kingdom is: "For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit". Romans 14:17

I was talking to a fellow German recently and we were talking about cultural differences in the Pentecostal Churches of Germany and those in the USA. Much of what I believed was "Holy Living" was set on it's ear living in Germany. I learned this truth: If I am living in FEAR other than Fear of God, I am living in Bondage.

So many of the Arguments we had in the 70s and 80s were fear based. Fear of an Antichrist. Fear of a Mark. Fear of committing SINS and then being killed without repentance. (I actually knew people who lived in this fear). We need to get over this mess. It's time to live in the Kingdom.. without fear.

No comments: