This is not overspiritualization. This is a declaration of the Presence of the True and Living God: Here... Now.
So how is HE present?
Here are some ways:
- In Community - where ever Two or Three are gathered together in MY NAME there I am
- In Worship - “Inhabits the praise of His people (Psalms 22: 3)
- In Judgement - When you read the Lord shall Judge, it's the same word as the Lord shall come. When you see Him bring things to pass... it's parosia
- In Covenant and Covenant Renewal - When we see him promise, we promise him and promise to one another (why Christian Weddings are so Powerful)
- In Prophecy 1 Corinthians 14:22-25 As they listen, their secret thoughts will be exposed, and they will fall to their knees and worship God, declaring, “God is truly here among you.”
- In The Gifts of the Spirit - Jesus manifests Himself when we flow with Him, by Him and Him thru us. This is a Grace and a Great Mystery...but it's JESUS
- In Proclamation of the Word (not Preaching) Jesus is the WORD become Flesh dwelling among us. When his word is proclaimed it is Jesus Present.
- In The reality of the Eucharistic experience - we do not understand the fullness of the TRUE PRESENCE of Jesus in the sacrament
- In Holy Ghost Prayer: It was the prayer of Jesus on the night of his betrayal that we become one in Him and in the Father as noted in John 17:22, “And the glory which you given to them that they may be one in us, that the world may know that you have sent Me. True spiritual life and fulfillment comes by becoming one in the Spirit with the Lord “But He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit (1 Cor. 6:17).
- In Marvel of Creation - All creation declares the Glory of God and when we see it... we know HE is with us
- In Acts of Mercy shown - Inasmuch as you have done it to the LEAST of these MY BROTHERS, you did it to ME.
- In Answered Prayer - When something we expect and pray for manifests... it's Jesus.
- In our entering in to HIM by Baptism to Sit in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 2:6), buried with Him and "You have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God" (Col. 3:3)
And including all this, Jesus sometimes actually manifests to some believers bodily. Happens and has happened all thru history. Yet if you need a physical manifestation to celebrate his presence among you, you are of little faith.
If you would please God, you must first believe that He is, and the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Still true. Stop looking to some future date when He may appear and begin to see Him all around you here and now. Your Joy will INCREASE. It will be sad to get to heaven and hear, I was always there with you... think footprints in the sand poem... there is more truth there than you know