Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Desire of Ages

You probably think that Jesus is the desire of ages.  There was a book written with that title.  And HE is.

Yet there is one more dimension.  That which you desire most you will accomplish.  The desire of your heart is the open door to what God will do for you.

Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4

So when you look at your life, where you are, what you are desiring, IF god is giving you the desires of your heart as he said he would what does that look like?

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
 
The word of the Lord comes to us.. and it cuts apart the external life we think we are showing to demonstrate the internal reality.  What you think about, what your intentions are is the desire of ages...  and HE knows what they are.

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.  Hebrews 4:13

This is comforting and yet terrifying to me.  Since nothing is hidden from him, and since I must give account, there are thoughts, intentions and desires that I don't want to face up to.   I am sinful in many areas, sinful against God but sinful against the things I know that make me up.  

I have been watching some earthly drama unfold in Chicago.  I keep hearing Jesus say:


For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.  Luke 8:17

I can only fall down and cry for mercy.  I don't want justice.  Justice will kill me.  It would only be right.  ONLY to that Cross I can Cling.

This is for me, but if you hear my heart's cry it might be for you too..




No comments: