Thursday, October 27, 2011

Why I no Longer Engage in Spectator Christianity

I get a lot of invites. People want me to come to their service, conference, meeting, round-table or some other sort of get together. What they really want is for me to provide some level of pew ornamentation. A full house looks better than an empty one. They also are happy that I am a generous person with my money. I get lots of invites most of which I decline. I am getting too many.

I have many ministers and people who need a word from God. The tugs are constant and urgent. They need me to come and be the Prophet. I will attend very few functions any more where my role is to sit and be quiet. I have been reading the book of Acts. I don't see much of that going on. Sure there is teaching but there comes a time (long past for me) when one absorbs enough teaching to evangelize the world.

I DO want to hear from GOD. IF there is a meeting where HE is speaking I'm in. Otherwise, please don't be offended if I no longer show up.

There comes a time in a person's ministry where one no longer is a taker inner...but becomes a giver outer. I am now at that place. IF you are having a meeting and want me to contribute to it in my capacity and call, then I am open to the invite...otherwise no more spectator Christianity for me.

I am in a "redeeming the time, because the days are evil" mode now. Paul instructs us to grow up in this:
Ephesians 5:15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.


AW TOZER wrote on this as well. I have taken this to heart. So please understand and don't be offended if I don't come to your meetings any more.

Tozer Devotional

No comments: