Sunday, February 11, 2018

A Dream of Clown Christ

I have been having dreams of late.  Some are even disturbing.  I know Apostle Eckhardt is involved in Dream Interpretation.  I don't engage in it much.  Too many strange translations.  I have done so and will if asked, but usually as a prompt to a word from the Lord.

I had a dream a few days ago that bothered me.  One was of a play, a stage.  On it were characters of various types.  One strange character was gaudy and clown-like.  I asked someone what that was supposed to be, he said "That is the Christ". 

He didn't look like it and I knew at once it was a mockery of Jesus.  Yet why?  Then I got the impression from the Holy Ghost that this is how the world sees the Body of Christ on the earth.  We look like a clown show to them.  Some of the shenanigans we see in the Church of Jesus reinforces this idea.  They don't take us seriously any more.  We have lost our power and influence by becoming clowns in the world.  Dancing and jigging to the worlds tune.

How did we get here I asked?  "By not representing who I really am" was the answer I got. Do we not understand who HE is and who we are in Him?  I don't think we do. 

There is going to be a presentation of Jesus Christ Superstar on TV on Easter Sunday.  It stars John Legend, Alice Cooper and Sara Bareilles.   I don't know where they come from spiritually.  It doesn't matter, even though I enjoy the Music from JCSS, it may contribute to the clown Christ.

I have had this dream more than once.  Sometimes in a courtroom with the defendant being lame and then identified as Christ.

As this has persisted I thought it's time to say to the Body of Christ, Take off the clown hat, lose the red nose, be yourself and take your place.  It's not about being respectable, it is about being salt, light, hope, encouragement and freedom to a lost and dying world. 


No comments: