Friday, March 25, 2016

Moving with the Lamb requires no Clothes you can BUY

The buzz this weekend is a movie called Superman V Batman. I won't see it.  When I was a kid I thought if I only had a cape and an outfit like Superman I could fly..   Of course it didn't work. Then there are movies like Ironman, Spiderman, and of course Batman who don some kind of power-suit and do great exploits.   IF I ONLY HAD SUCH AN OUTFIT.

This carries over into later life. If you are of a certain age you will recall the books about "Dress for Success".    If you just wore the right clothes you would be strong in business.  Then there are many people enslaved to fashion.  Look at the long lines formed to buy air Jordan shoes at any price. This goes beyond the clothing and outfits, people buy cars because they think it will impute to them power and prestige. Vanity.

These things always disappoint.  I have suits I no longer wear.  I drive a 13 year old car and like it.  My shoes are for work and look like it.  Age has a way of revealing that what you wear, even if it's a Superman cape, you won't be stronger for it.


There is only one "OUTFIT" that matters.

Isaiah 61:10-11 
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord;
my soul shall exult in my God,
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation;
he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

For as the earth brings forth its sprouts,
and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up,
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to sprout up before all the nations.

I have wondered often if our desire for physical worldly enhancements to help us in life are noting more than counterfeits.  The world's culture says buy this, wear this, own this and you too can... fill in the blank.

I must be so hidden in Christ that there is no way to see me.. and that's how God sees me.  IF he saw me for who I am, without Jesus, I am lost. 

I hear the Lord saying as I think about this:

I will cloth you in white, purity because I dipped My robe in Blood for you.  I paid the price for you to walk clean and pure, I have clothed you in holy robes of righteousness as you move with the Lamb of God.  

Moving with the Lamb.. a song (do you remember it?)

I'm moving with the Lamb moving with the Lamb I'm surrounded
Moving with the Lamb moving with the Lamb I'm surrounded
I'm strolling with the Lamb I'm strolling with the King of Kings
Stepping with the Lamb stepping over my sins
[ Lyrics from: http://www.cloverlyrics.com/e86241-rita_springer~moving_with_the_lamb_lyrics.html ]
Chorus:
For I'm dressed in a holy robe of God I'm surrounded
By the Host from Heaven's court and the King of Kings
And I drink from the holy cup of God I'm surrounded




 

No comments: