Sunday, March 6, 2016

I'm Ready for a Cold Shower of Pure Water

It's Sunday Morning.  The sun is up.  It's cool.  It's been a busy week.  Politics have captured me.  Business is good but very busy.  God has blessed me.. yet I find myself occupied.

I need a shower. 

The dirt of the days behind soil my mind.

There is a WASHING OF REGENERATION that the word brings.

Titus 3:
3For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. 4But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

So I need a shower.  Sometimes the raw presence of God is enough, sometimes it takes more.  I need to feel the rain down my back, the water in my face, the purity of the word of God washing me.  Sometimes renewal comes and I feel all fresh again.

So.. I'm off to take a shower.. and I hope you will find your place of washing this morning.

No comments: