Thursday, September 6, 2018

Prophecy in Present Truth becomes Personal and Meaningful


When we apply prophetic present truth to the word of God, it gives us understanding of the finished work of the cross.  

Isaiah Chapter 36 as present truth (Gene Edit)

Prophecy to the Mountains of My Kingdom


36 “And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of those who call yourself christian, and say, O mountains, hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord God: Because the enemy said of you, ‘Aha!’ and, ‘The religious places and institutions have become our possession,’ therefore prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord God: Precisely because they made you desolate and crushed you from all sides, so that you became the possession of the rest of the world system, and you became the talk and evil gossip of the people, therefore, O mountains of the church, hear the word of the Lord God: Thus says the Lord God to the mountains and the hills, the ravines and the valleys, the desolate wastes and the deserted cities in which my former church was represented, you have become a prey and derision to the rest of the nations all around, therefore thus says the Lord God: Surely I have spoken in my jealousy against the rest of the pagan world system and against all scoffers, who gave my rightful places to themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and utter contempt, that they might make its people there a prey. Therefore prophesy concerning the kingdom, and say to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I have spoken in my jealous wrath, because you have suffered the reproach of the nations. Therefore thus says the Lord God: I swear that the nations that are all around you shall themselves suffer reproach.
“But you, O mountains of the Kingdom, shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to my people, for they will soon come home to my dwelling places. For behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be a place of restoration and renewal. 10 And I will multiply people to you, the whole of the true house of God, all of it. They shall be inhabited and the burned over places rebuilt. 11 And I will multiply on you my man called by my name and all of yours, and they shall multiply and be fruitful. And I will cause you to be inhabited as in your former times, and will do more good to you than ever before. Then you will know for certain that I am the Lord. 12 I let people walk on you, even my people who are known as mine. And they possessed you, and you were their inheritance, and you were not able to constrain them of converts to the fallen ways of the world. 13 Thus says the Lord God: Because they said to you, ‘You call yourself a Christian people, and yet you bereave your nation of children by abortion and unholy relationships,’ 14 therefore you shall rise up and no longer tolerate lives being pulled into hell and no longer bereave your nation of children, declares the Lord God. 15 And I will silence the taunts of the ungodly in accusation, and you shall no longer be the brunt of evil ridicule that causes my people to be seen as foolish by the unsaved, declares the Lord God.”

The Lord's Concern for His Holy Name

16 The word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, when my people lived in their own world of religious institutions, they defiled it by their ways and their deeds. Their ways before me were a stench of rot. 18 So I poured out my wrath upon them for the blood that they had shed in the land, for the idols with which they had defiled it. 19 I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries. In accordance with their ways and their deeds I judged them. 20 But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, those nations profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, ‘These are the people of the Lord, and yet they are meaningless and without impact.’ 21 But I had concern for my holy name, which my people had profaned among the nations to which they came.

I Put My Spirit Within You

22 “Therefore say to the my people of the Kingdom, Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, my people, that I  act, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations to which you came. 23 And I vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Lord God, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 24 I take you from your pollution from the world system and gather you from all those places and bring you into the kingdom,  a new holy nation, a peculiar people. 25 I have sprinkled clean water on you, and you are clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I have cleansed you. 26 And I gave you a new heart, and a new spirit within you. And I removed the heart of stone from your flesh and gave you a heart of flesh. 27 And I put my Spirit within you, and caused you to walk in my statutes being careful to obey me. 28 You dwell in that place of honor that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 And I have delivered you from all your uncleannesses. And I summon supernatural provision and make it abundant and lay no lack upon you. 30 I make the fruit your work and the increase of your labors increase, that you may never again suffer the disgrace of poverty among the nations. 31 Then you will remember those evil ways, and your deeds that were not good in the former days, and you will loathe yourselves for being dragged into iniquities and abominations wondering how did we fall so far? 32 It is not for your sake that I act, declares the Lord God; let that be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your error of being lured away by the world system my people.
33 “Thus says the Lord God: I have cleansed you from all your iniquities, I cause my holy nation to be inhabited, and the waste places rebuilt. 34 And the land that was desolate shall fruitful, instead of being the desolation that it was in the sight of all who passed by. 35 And they can say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden, and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’ 36 Then the nations that are left all around you shall know that I am the Lord; I rebuilt the ruined places and replanted that which was desolate. I am the Lord; I have spoken, and I do it.
37 “Thus says the Lord God: This also I let my kingdom people ask me to do for them: to increase their people like a flock so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the Lord.”


No comments: