Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Prophetic or Prayer Answers Can be Taking the Lord's Name in Vain

I believe that when we pray if we ask anything according His will, it will happen for us.  1 John 5:14

I believe that we are fed by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Sometimes that comes by way of a prophetic impulse. It must be real however.  It must not be ourselves thinking we have heard from God when in fact our flesh drowns out that still small voice.

You do not need to pray about IF it's OK for you to commit adultery with another woman.  It's not OK.  The Bible is clear on this.  So if you pray and get comfort to do the deed with her, you have taken the name of the Lord in vain.  I know couples in adulterous relationships who pray before having sex.. that is a sin against God. You don't need to pray about it.

Same with committing murder.  If you decide to pray about taking innocent blood, and decide to go ahead after prayer, you are taking the name of the Lord in vain.  He said no such thing.  He is the author of LIFE and murder is not life.

If you are looking for assurances to steal and you go to a prophet and he or she says it's OK to twist things a bit, you are being deceived.

I think it is great that people are being released in the Prophetic.  I think it's great that we have prayer meetings.  But when they become advocacy for all manner of distortion and deception there is no God in it and we are slaves once more to our flesh.

Sir Francis Bacon was supposed to have said, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".  Many have talked about Knowledge causing people to be puffed up.  They point to 1 Corinthians 8:1.  Not an accurate use of the verse but there is a principle here.  Thinking you hear from God when you are not.. is actually deception disguised as the so called prophetic.

If you believe you have an ear to God's special download or some prophet can instruct you outside the revealed word of God, you are in danger of and more important liable to taking the name of the Lord in vain.

This brings me to what the Lord has been dealing with me about.  I have some very deep convictions regarding politics.  They are not Prophetic. They are reason, intellect, information, bias, consideration and discernment of information to come to a conclusion. Yet all of that must be filtered through the screen of the revealed word of God.  None of it can be contrary to what he already said and has written down. 

If I say I have prayed about who to vote for in the election and I tell you that God said for me to vote for this one or that, I am in danger of taking the name of the Lord in vain.

If I listen to various prophetic voices who proclaim it's God's will for this or that one to be elected, that person is in danger of using the voice of God for his or her ends and that is a dangerous place to be.

As a prophet and to my fellow prophets, be careful.  You can advocate.  You can declare.  You can share information. You can express your opinion.  But when you start invoking the name of God to influence others, you cross a line.  Same for those who say they prayed about who to support and they use that as an excuse to support someone that God never said anything about.

We have a brain.  We have a moral compass.  God gave us the Mind of Christ.  We have reason.  He provided a whole book full of plum lines for us to use to measure our decisions against.  Being influenced by popular culture, by peer pressure, by media, by anything and leave our God given reason out of it is simply ignorant.

I want to help you make a right decision. I know what I believe to be true. I know what that means to me.  If you can honestly make another decisions and hold that up against the mirror of the Word of God and do so without flinching, you are better than I am. 

I am convinced that in this election season many are being sifted.  Many are being exposed.  Many false prophets are being revealed.  Many so called spiritual leaders are about to be chastised. I don't want to be one of them.  I want a clear untarnished conscience.  Sin abounds and rationale for sin is like a flood.

I can understand the ungodly doing evil, that's who their father is.  I don't understand those who claim to know God committing sin knowingly and call it "Hearing from the Holy Spirit".  No my brother or sister, you heard from hell and the flesh. 

I have been critical of some public figures in the Body of Christ, particularly on the evangelical right claiming God has chosen this one or that.  Yes, He puts one up and another down but it happens by our choices.  The leaders we have in a nation are because of choices we make.  The judgment of God is sometimes revealed when he allows us to make stupid mistakes.  I fear we are there again.

So stop justifying ungodliness as you vote the fall by saying you prayed about it or you heard a prophet say this or that.  Use what God gave you, you don't need to pray about it or have a word.  If you want to pray, pray that the will of God be done.  Pray against powers and principalities.  Pray protection.  We are in dangerous times.


No comments: