Monday, December 1, 2008

White as Snow

We had snow overnight. Not a lot. 3 inches or so. Driving is a little tough.

But, I see Jesus in everything.

Of course my mind went to Isaiah 1:18: "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool."

You know of the candy cane? Red and White. Some say it comes from the color mix shown in this passage.

I don't know.

But I thought of what snow does that is like the blood of Jesus in making me white as snow:

  • He makes all unsightly and unpleasant in my life beautiful
  • He takes away the things that are better or worse, all sin is covered equally
  • He drives by the wind of his spirit the whiting snow even into the hidden places
  • There is protection under the blanket of snow for the thing covered
  • There is always more snow coming
  • In the quiet places under the covering rest is taking place
  • Everyone's yard now looks the same. A week ago my yard and the neighbors didn't look the same. He raked all his leaves. I didn't. Now with snow on them they look the same. Covered.
  • We are all the same at the foot of the cross. Pope and Pauper and Prince.

There are more. I know this. I am more thankful for the washing and covering of the Blood of Jesus than I am for this snow.

But, he sends snow on the Just and Unjust.

That's one more. All Flesh shall see it together.

This morning we did.

No comments: