Friday, August 26, 2011

If you close your ears it's no better than being deaf

Of course I am talking about spiritually. There's none so blind as those who will not see is an old idiom. Also true of hearing.

The Apostle Paul wrote of a mindset that caused people to not see nor hear:

2 Corinthians 4:
2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe NKJV
Here's the rub...Satan doesn't quit because you become a believer. He is constantly trying to deceive even the elect. 1 Peter chapter 5 talks about this.

The truth is we are always in his cross-hairs. Only by the protection of Jesus Christ are we continuously being rescued (Sozo).

There is a category of Christians that the enemy uses his BIG GUNS on. Leaders.

IF he can deceive a leader he can cause many to fall away. Look around, it happens all the time. People sometimes are lead astray and sometimes they see leaders fail and they become discouraged.

If you are a five fold minister you are on his list, and it's not Santa, it's Satan. He is out to get you. One of the PRIME methods he is using right now is the deception that you can hear from God for yourself and don't need to engage the rest of the body of Christ in your revelation. The two or three witness test is nullified by a high office.

I have many Apostle friends. I love them. I need them in my life. They are half of the foundation of the Church. The problem is they think they are the whole thing. Jesus is the Rock but from that rock the church must be built steady, straight and well foundationed.

Recently I had an apostle friend tell me of a project being undertaken. I asked if the Apostle had inquired of their prophet. The Apostle informed me that he had heard directly from the Lord. OK, that's good, but did the Prophet confirm that? Then I was told, that there was a prophet..on the payroll. So, let me get this straight, If I'm a prophet in that Apostles circle and my lifeline paycheck depends on me giving him a positive word, what do you think I am going to do.

Prophets must by purpose be separated from the Apostle...yet connected. Should have nothing to gain or lose by being honest with the Apostle. Should be able to say with authority to the Apostle without fear, My dear Apostle, you know how much I love you, so it is with a heavy heart that I regret to inform you that you are once again full of it.

Without that level of accountability and interaction the Apostle will go shipwreck. He will be destroyed. He will take many with him. An in house prophet who has something to gain, even favor, by being connected with the Apostle is suspect.

In the same way, as a Prophet, I need to hear from the Apostles. I need to know when I am overrunning my headlights. I need to know if I am speaking damage to people or not in Love.

My prophetic utterance must meet the test of 1 Corinthians 13. Love.

The net result is, if you are in leadership, you cannot hear from God for yourself and move without inquiring of the other pillar of the foundation of the Church...or you will fall.

You cannot hear from God for yourself and if you are getting confirmation from a "House Prophet" who is trained to agree with you at all times...you are still in danger.

THIS IS THE WORD OF THE LORD FOR SOMEONE TODAY.







No comments: