Thursday, September 30, 2010

Warning at the Crossroads by Steven Bliss

I was in an intersection awaiting to turn left recently on my way home
from work. As I sat there waiting to turn, I heard the loud blast of a
fire truck's horn. I looked about to see it to determine what I should do.

I could not locate it. As I looked about, by their lack of reaction,
it was as if no one else had heard it. It was so loud, yet there was not any
truck in site. That brought a pause, for thought.

As I pondered this for a few days, I was given a simple explanation and an
accompanying verse of warning from the prophet Jeremiah.


Be aware. It's time to hear the warning. We are at an intersection in time
where caution in where or how we move should be weighed.

Thus says the LORD: Stand at the crossroads, and look,
and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and
find rest for your souls. But they said, "We will not walk in it."
Also I raised up sentinels for you: "Give heed to the sound of the trumpet!"
But they said, "We will not give heed." Jeremiah 6:16-17 (NRSV)

No comments: