Blame has been applied. Guilty have been accused.
People in leadership and corporations are being demonstrated on a world stage that strip naked the idea that they have any answers. The blame is ample.
Here is what the Lord has shown me about this:
- The oil spill will be worse than first thought. Much of what has been done is counterproductive.
- Action that could have been taken has not because of incompetence at high levels.
- The oil spill damage will seem to be irreversible for a while. THEN, amazing things will happen. Storms that many think will aggravate the problem will be a solution. The volume of Oil will become a benefit in that organisms that degrade oil biotically will have plenty to feast on. There will be rapid degradation of the oil from sunlight, heat, wind and storms.
- While there will be death of some sea life, and pollution of others, the ecological systems will recover and people will be amazed at how quickly. It will be considered a miracle.
- This is NOT the beginning of sorrows. This disaster will be considered to be a death, but like Lazarus, will demonstrate the Glory of God.
- Those who are predicting death and destruction from this will be wrong.
What Father is saying is Repent. If people will repent, turn from their wicked ways and turn to God, then he will heal their land and the sea. This catastrophe can be recovered by repentance.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
To look at it another way, if the proud ignore God, and remain wicked, then Heaven will shut the door, sin will be retained and the land will suffer.
The choice is ours.